Our Work in Action
Select a thumbnail to see examples of recent RAZR work.
Travel Leaders: Re-brand, Television Spots & Media Buy
RAZR partnered with Travel Leaders in late 2012 to facilitate a re-branding initiative.
- RAZR helped develop a new brand platform for Travel Leaders, including brand vision, value proposition and a consumer campaign platform
- The execution of the platform resulted in a new, shorter tagline – Travel Better – as well as an updated go-to-market message that summarized Travel Leaders' value proposition – We Get You
- RAZR produced a series of creative television and radio spots to convey the message to mass audiences
- Media plans were created for four major metropolitan markets to support the launch
- The new We Get You creative concept was embraced by the executive team, internal stakeholders and Travel Leaders Associates
- New television spots are getting much more use than the previous creative
- The brand transition is already generating positive press in the travel industry
MasterCard: The Root of Financial Education
MasterCard needed to design a marketing initiative to educate and inform unbanked and underbanked audiences about the benefits of using MasterCard prepaid cards as financial management tools.
- MasterCard partnered with RAZR to develop the Community Financial Outreach Program, a series of educational workshops delivered at the community level
- RAZR helped MasterCard partner with community organizations throughout the nation to gain access to member databases and hold workshops in communities with populations of unbanked and underbanked people
- RAZR created the brand, as well as marketing and take-home materials for each class
- To date, the program has educated over 35,000 members of unbanked and underbanked audience
- Word-of-mouth impressions from the program total more than 2 million
- 77% of participants indicated they would purchase a prepaid card after the workshop
MasterCard: The Many Pieces of Payroll
As MasterCard re-launched a new prepaid payroll card, it needed a marketing strategy and materials aimed at educating potential audiences about the card, card program and its benefits.
- RAZR developed distinct payroll card marketing strategies and supporting toolkits for the MasterCard sales team, issuers and program managers, employers, employees and payroll processors
- The materials featured targeted messaging and engaging visuals that resonated with each audience and their specialized needs
- RAZR created sell sheets, posters, brochures, presentations and more that culminated in audience toolkits—in total more than 50 pieces
- The MasterCard team is saving countless hours pulling together materials for sales meetings
- More employers are choosing to provide the MasterCard payroll card to its employees
- More issuers and program managers are signing up with MasterCard to sell its product
Medica: Broker Credentialing Events
Before introducing an innovative new insurance product to market, Medica needed to educate and credential their broker network.
- RAZR planned and executed eight broker events for Medica
- RAZR handled venue logistics, marketing materials and collateral, event registration customization and management, gifts and post-event communications, surveys and reporting
- Medica received a 75% participation rate for the events
- They also received a 94% top-box score— indicating that participants ranked their overall satisfaction with the event a four or five (out of a possible five points)
Security Life: Brand Launch
Security Life Insurance Company of America needed an updated brand, as well as marketing and sales collateral to
- RAZR created a new brand that was more representative of the company’s offerings and values
- The new Security Life brand included enhanced colors, a new logo and a multitude of new sales materials
- To assist in the brand launch, RAZR helped Security Life design and deploy a direct mailer that was sent to senior-level executives; it contained noise-canceling headphones and a message about Security Life’s new image
- Security Life received a 100% response rate on its direct mail package, and website traffic increased by nearly 1000%
- Public relations activity surrounding the new brand launch and company growth was featured in insurance and business publications
Bank of the West: Direct Mail
Bank of the West wanted to create a direct mail campaign to announce its new debit rewards program and acquire customers into the program.
- RAZR strategized a direct mail campaign across 10 audience segments
- RAZR executed five direct mailers within those 10 audiences
- The direct mailers had different messages and pictures so RAZR could evaluate which mailer was the most effective
- The campaign generated an overall response rate of 4.1%, although it ranged from 1.4% to as high as 7.7% in various segments.
RAZRewards: The Power of Choice
A large financial institution wanted to increase member engagement in its loyalty program. The current program catered to lower point-earners in a debit loyalty program and gave participants a limited catalog of redemption options to pick from.
- The financial institution transitioned to the RAZRewards platform where participants could choose from millions of redemption options
- Within months, gift card redemptions decreased 47% while merchandise redemptions increased 47%—customers liked the new merchandise options
- Total points earned by program participants increased 20%, indicating that customers were spending more on their cards